Saturday, December 10, 2011

Wall Installation Idea Using Ceramic Works

Recently I have thought up the idea that I want to begin creating wall installations using ceramic pieces as my medium.  I wanted to develop my floral concept further by stretching beyond the canvas.  My idea is to use several various size hand-built clay bowls I made, which resemble a flower shape as my.  I want to mount the flower bowls on the wall in a way that ehy staggard and some bowls pertrude further out then other bowls.  I am currently brainstorming different ways that I want the piece to look, such as the angle it goes.  I am leaning towards a vertical angle where the bowls are placed fairly close together. 

I researched other artists who have used this idea and found some really unique works. Here is one I really found unique:

FRANK SALIANI
Frank combines function with art.  He creates these colored cast porcelain pieces and creates wall art.  Each piece is sold separtely, but is displayed as one large wall installation. What makes his work effective is that each piece acts on its own as a complete work of art.




 Here is a close up of one of the individual pieces:

No comments:

Post a Comment