Saturday, December 10, 2011

Anne Zapolska

Anne Zapolska is the artist I chose for my flower addtion to my painting with the Tomma Abts inspired background.  I chose to use her work because I have become interested in experimenting with palette knife painting. Palette knife painting has recently caught my interest because I really like the texture it creates.  I am trying to get out of my comfort zone with what I know is safe, by using a paint brush.  I want to push myself and use something I have never use and create a work that has a different energetic feel to it compared to my previous paintings of flowers. 

I have discovered through practice that palette knife painting is a difficult method of painting, but it is also thrilling.  I find the process exciting by learning that difficult sides of a palette knife can create unique shapes, various flips of my wrist can create different looks and intensity of textures, etc.  I am starting really enjoy it and hope to master it and incorporate it in my future works.


No comments:

Post a Comment