Monday, October 24, 2011

Artist's Bio and Statement ( in the works)

Artist’s Bio
      Paige Reynolds attends Saint Edward’s University in Austin, Texas.  Paige will be graduating in December of 2011 receiving her Bachelor of Art Education EC-12 Degree.  During her time at Saint Edward’s University, Paige has participated in school art functions, such as exhibiting her work in the 2011 Senior Art Show, Stain Resistant.  She continues to be involved in the art community at her school.   She was born in Dallas, Texas, but has lived in Lubbock, Dallas, Tyler, and most recently Austin, Texas.  Paige is not a stranger to change.  Each city brought new opportunities and experiences for her, which made her to be the outgoing and passionate person she is today.  Her love for art began at a very young age through the influence of her grandmother, whom she calls Dede.  Dede inspired Paige to want to be an artist, who still holds dear to her heart and inspiration today.  Paige’s work focus is mainly with painting both in watercolor and acrylic, but as a future art educator, she tries to work with all medium.


Artist’s Statement


  “I decided that if I could paint that flower in a huge scale, you could not ignore its beauty”
- Georgia O’Keeffe

Georgia O’Keeffe’s statement is effectively executed, flowers are meant to be admired and enjoyed.  I reference this quote because it conveys the concept I want my audience to receive through my work. The artwork I make comes from my love of the beauty of my surrounding environment, which I describe as God’s canvas.  I am constantly inspired and fascinated by the seasonal blooms of flowers.  The look of every flower varies immensely. Flowers are complex organisms, made up of several colors, shapes, and sizes.  Just as a flower’s beauty and smell attract insects, the beauty of a flower attracts my eye and motivates my desire to capture its essence in a painting or drawing.  I enjoy capturing the evolving colors, the various unique shapes, and the several sizes that gives each flower a powerful statement of beauty.



Side note: I want to incorporate the medium I use, but how do I pick just one when I like to experiment with all.  I do that not only because I want to be a well-rounded/knowledgeable teacher but also because with each medium conveys and brings about a new feeling and experience about my work to my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment